1. _____ young in our village are now living _____ much more comfortable life than we did.
A. A;不填 B. The; the C. A; a D. The; a
2. What a small meeting room! Do you think ________ possible for so many students to sit in?
A. it B. that C. there D. this
3. The man didn’t admit _________ anything at the store when he was questioned by the police.
A. to steal B. stealing C. having stolen D. to have stolen
4. He found it increasingly difficult to read， his eyesight was beginning to fail.
A. and B. yet C. or D. for
5. You late for yesterday’s class meeting，as it was so important.
A. couldn’t be B. shouldn’t be C. mustn’t have been D. oughtn’t to have been
6.----- we could invite John and Barbara to the Friday party
------ yes, ______? I will give them a call right away.
A. why not B. what for C. why D.what
7. ----- So comfortable a bed! ----- Yes. We can never find ________ one.
A. a better B. the best C. a worse D. the worst
8. ----- Our holiday cost a lot of money.
----- Did it? Well, that doesn’t matter __________ you enjoyed yourselves.
A. unless B. as far as C. as long as D. until
9. There’s not much time left, but ___________ we must get there in time.
A. anyhow B. otherwise C. somehow D. however
10. ----- I can never afford a flat like that! ------ . The price is too high!
A. So I can B. So can I C. Neither I can D. Neither can I
11.You can hardly imagine the difficulty the woman had ______ her children.
A.brought up B.to bring up
C.bringing up D.to have brought up
12. The Chinese government has made the Mid-autumn festival a legal holiday, _______ people will have a day off. A. when B. which C. where D. what
13. Kate on her new novel，which is supposed to come out next month.
A. has been working B. had worked C. will be working D. was working
14. ________ me two more days, and I’ll finish the project.
A. Given B. If given C. Give me D. Giving me
15. For breakfast he only drinks juice from fresh fruit _____ on his own farm.
A. grown B. being grown C. to be grown D. to grow