1. It is said that a new robot ____by him in a few days.
A. designed B. has been designed
C. will be designed D. will have been designed
2. We are late. I expect the film ____by the time we get to the cinema.
A. will already have started B. would already have started
C. shall have already started D. has already been started
3. She will stop showing off if no notice____ of her.
A. is taken B. takes
C. will be taken D. has taken
4. Diamond ____in Brazil in 1971.
A. is found B. has been found
C. was found D. had been found
5. “Have you moved to the new flat?”
“Not yet. The room ____.”
A. has been painted B. is painted
C. paints D. is being painted
6. My pictures ____until next Friday.
A. won't develop B. aren't developed
C. don't develop D. won' t be developed
7. Tim ____since he lost his job three weeks ago.
A. had been unemployed B. was unemployed
C. has been unemployed D. has unemployed
8. A great number of colleges and universities ____since 1949.
A. has been establish B. have been established
C. have established D. had been established
9. I'll have to push the car to the side of the road because we ____if we leave it here.
A. would be fined B. will be fined
C. will being fined D. will have been fined
10. “____two tickets for the new play at the Grand Theatre on Saturday. Shall we go and see it together?”
A. They have been given B. I have been given
C. I am given D. They have given to me
11. The subject of these lectures ____by the lecture committee.
A. is announced B. have been announced
C. are announced D. has been announced
12. I found an aspirin bottle ____dropped on the floor of David's room.
A. was B. had
C. had been D. is
13.The goods ____when we arrived at the airport.
A. were just unloading B. were just been unloading
C. had just unloaded D. were just being unloaded
14. If one ____by pride, he will reject useful advice and friendly assistance.
A. overcomes B. is overcome
C. has been overcome D. overcome
15. Most environment problems exist because adequate measures for preventing them ____taken in the past.
A. was not B. were not
C. were not being D. had not been
16. You ought to have put the milk in the refrigerator, now ____sour.
A. I smell B. it is smelt
C. it smells D. it is smelling
17. After the race____, the celebration began.
A. had been won B. is won
C. will be won D. has been won
18. He was here for a little while, but I don't knows where she ____now.
A. is B. was
C. had been D. has been
19. The young teacher has ____ competent.
A. been proved to be B. proved to be
C. been proved D. proved being
20. Pluto, the outermost planet of the solar system, ____ photographically in March 1930.
A. discovered B. was discovered
C. by discovery D. when discovered